Speaker: Conroy Loewen
Key Texts: Matthew 4:1-11; Hebrews 4:15
Direct Download (Right-click link and save file)
Though Jesus was perfect and without sin, he faced temptations. Conroy looks at five of these tests our Savior faced, and considers what we can learn from Jesus’ example of victory over the enemy. Listen below:
Eight valuable lessons from Jesus’ fight against Satan:
- Some of His greatest temptations were experienced when He was alone.
- He was faced with these temptations when he was spending time in prayer.
- The temptations came prior to great spiritual events.
- Jesus taught the importance of saying no to the flesh and saying yes to God.
- Jesus overcame by holding to the truth of God’s words and not believing a lie.
- Even though the struggle was very real and difficult, He was never given more than He could handle and He received strength from the angels that came and ministered to His needs.
- Temptations always come from the devil, the enemy of God.
- Jesus endured the temptations to the end and always came out with victory.