Texts: 1 Samuel 7:1-14; 1 Corinthians 1:1-7
Speaker: Dru Lattin
Direct Download (Click link and download file)
This last message for 2017 marks the beginning of a series through 1 Corinthians. Paul describes the church – even the stumbling Corinthian church – in profound and powerful terms. How does it apply to our church?
Below is the handout shared on Sunday. Use this to reflect on 2017, and what God has done.
An Ebenezer for 2017
Questions for a church at the end of the year
from 1 Corinthians 1:1-9
What is the church? From verses 1-3: she is a called-out community of cleansed people, connected through that very call of Jesus.
What has the church received? From verses 4-9: She has been enriched with every gift, experiences the reality of his work, eagerly awaits his return, and endures blamelessly through God’s faithfulness.
- What have I been cleansed and called apart from? What has Grace Bible been cleansed and called apart from? (1:2)
- In what ways is my connection with others at Grace Bible evident? In what ways am I – and Grace Bible church as a whole – connected with “all those in every place who call on the name…?” (1:2)
- What experiences have I had in 2017 that confirm that Christ is working in me? (1:6)
- How do I feel about Christ’s return? Am I eagerly waiting for him, and if so, why? (1:7)
- How has my faithful God, through the fellowship I have with Jesus, enabled me to endure 2017? How has he strengthened me? (1:8-9)